Saturday, July 23, 2005

Colorado Rapids vs. Chicago Fire

Stephanie & I finally got around to hanging with newlyweds Jamie & Stacey Markham. Stephanie was able to grab some Colorado Rapids tickets from her work. Our seats were very good and we got to see all of the action, which there was plenty of! The Rapids came away with a 4-1 victory over the Fire, which is pretty good considering that Chicago is currently atop the MLS standings.

During half-time the Colorado Rapids honored the recent induction of former star Marcelo Balboa into the MLS Hall of Fame. Balboa bobble heads were given to fans as a promotion for this event. After the half-time ceremony I noticed a few people passing their bobble head boxes
over the railing to the field so I grabbed my box and a sharpie and was rewarded with Balboa's signature on my bobble head box! This will be a great addition to my collection of hall of fame athlete signatures.

The weather held out, I ate some nachos, and the evening could not have been better!

No comments: